TC101: How to Teach Online
Running an online training program for the first time? Looking to get the most out of your existing webinar, podcast, or on-demand course experience? Trying to engage with your community in new ways through the power of technology? This four-week facilitated online course will provide you with the pedagogical insights, technical knowledge, and industry connections to improve your approach to learning and teaching online.
Has COVID-19 affected your training, event, or conference plans for 2020? Are you looking to get the most out of your new webinar, podcast, or on-demand course experience? Or perhaps in search of inspiration for how to engage with your community in new ways through the power of technology?
This four-week facilitated online course offers an amazing mix of pedagogical insights, technical knowledge, and industry connections to improve your approach to learning and teaching online.
International development runs on capacity building, but global training initiatives have traditionally relied on in-person workshops, international travel, and paper-based resources. That's no longer possible for the time being. Online delivery offers new opportunities for scale, access, data, and more. However, an effective transition to online requires an understanding of learning theories, platform operation, and course design.
Over the past 10 years, TechChange has built 500+ online courses on all kinds of topics for a variety of audiences and in a range of formats. In that time, we have had to contend with every imaginable hurdle: diminished attention spans, bandwidth constraints, translation issues, security challenges, and more.
We’ve packaged all of this experience into one flagship online certificate course. Learn more below.
A few topics we will cover:
- 10 tips and tricks for great online course facilitation
- How to run a great webinar & creative webinar alternatives
- How to start or improve your podcast or web series
- How to make learning impactful in low-resource settings
- Incentives: how to get your learners to engage with you
- How to navigate multiple languages: practical strategies for translation and facilitation
- Which tech tools and equipment you should be using for your webinar series, learning platform, learning record store, and more
- How to collect better learner data to make informed decisions
- Which platforms are best for interoperability and user-friendliness
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when working with digital technology to deliver educational content
- Connect relevant educational theories to the technological strategies and tools you want to use
- Manage specific educational technology software platforms and tools
- Design effective strategies for using tools and platforms to improve training outcomes and foster more robust virtual communities
- Be more confident in using technology to address online training and learning challenges
- This course is delivered entirely online over a period of four weeks.
- This course features several live interactive expert presentations each week with leading practitioners, educators, technologists, and more.
- Every live event is recorded and archived for you to watch later.
- This course also features a unique hands-on learning environment with animated videos, technology demos, practical activities, networking events, office hours, participant presentations, immersive simulations, and more.
- TechChange recommends budgeting a minimum commitment of 5-7 hours per week and scheduling time for the course around your existing obligations.
- Participants will have access to all course content for at least 4 months after course completion so the material can be completed and revisited later.
- $395 if you apply before June 15th
- $495 if you apply by start of course
Group discount rates available. For more details, please contact us at social [at] techchange.org. If you are not happy with your course experience for any reason, TechChange is happy to discuss refunds.