TC014: Introduction to GDPR
Does your organization have a website? Do you have any visitors from the EU? Starting May 25th, you could be fined 20 million Euros or 4% of annual global revenue, whichever is greater, if you do anything to violate EU citizens' rights under the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This new law will hold businesses accountable for transparency and security of any customer information they possess about any EU citizen. U.S. and international companies that export and handle personal data of European citizens will need to comply with the new requirements or be subject to its hefty penalties. This self-paced online course will explore this mandate and its impact on international development organizations.
- Basics of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Impact of the GDPR on International Development
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of what the GDPR means for individuals and organizations
- Help your organization comply with the data security obligations
- Design dynamic and effective strategies for data accuracy and integrity
- Critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge with this mandate to improve international development outcomes
- This course is delivered entirely online.
- This course features several live interactive expert presentations with leading practitioners, software developers, and academics.
- Every live event is recorded and archived for you to watch later.
- This course also features a unique hands-on learning environment with animated videos, technology demos, practical activities, networking events, office hours, participant presentations, immersive simulations, and more.
- TechChange recommends budgeting a minimum commitment of 3-5 hours per module and scheduling time for the course around your existing obligations.
- Participants will have access to all course content for at least 4 months after course completion so the material can be completed and revisited later.
- $295 USD
Participants are also eligible for a $200 discount off our flagship Technology for Monitoring & Evaluation diploma program here. Contact diploma [at] techchange.org for your discount code.
Group discount rates are also available for groups of 4 or more at $195/person. For more details, please contact us at social [at] techchange.org. If you are not happy with your course experience for any reason, TechChange is happy to discuss refunds.