TC011a: Introduction to Excel for Data Visualization
Measuring and communicating the impact of a project or program often relies on effective data analysis and visualization. In this course, you will learn how to effectively use Excel to create beautiful static and interactive visualizations.
Excel offers an interface most people are familiar with, as well as a valuable set of features that can be utilized to meet a wide range of data analysis and visualization needs. In this course you will learn the nuts and bolts of how to use Excel functions and features including: INDEX MATCH, PivotTables, Slicers, and more. In addition, you will learn key data visualization principles that will help you optimize your data visualizations to best communicate your data.
After exploring some case studies of how other organizations have used Excel to visualize data, you will get the opportunity to practice what you have learned through 2 scenario-based exercises.
Please note that alumni, early bird, and quick pay discounts do not apply for this course.
- Basic data cleaning using Excel functions and formatting techniques, including column and table formatting, basic macros, and conditional formatting
- How to create a static report data using Excel functions and features, including INDEX MATCH, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, sparklines, charts, and dot plots
- How to create an interactive dashboard using PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Slicers
- How to identify good vs. poor data visualizations using data visualization principles
- How Excel has been used in practice through 2 case studies
- $45 for self-paced course
- $0 with the purchase of the diploma track
Group discount rates available. For more details, please contact us at social [at] techchange.org. If you are not happy with your course experience for any reason, TechChange is happy to discuss refunds.
This course is a part of our Technology for Monitoring and Evaluation diploma program. Interested in learning about more courses? Browse through our diploma catalog here, or check out our main catalog and FAQ section!