Diagnose and Treat Malaria (Free Self-Paced Course)
This 12 module online training course is designed to support training of healthcare professionals who wish to expand their knowledge of how malaria works and learn how to administer rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) in the diagnosis and treatment of the disease. The course also covers aspects such as interpersonal communication skills, stock management, training and supervision. If possible, this course should be supplemented with practical exercises on how to administer an RDT.
This training was developed by Malaria Consortium with support from UNITAID and by TechChange.
The following twelve themes are explored in the course:
- Overview of Malaria
- Using Interpersonal Communication Skills with Clients
- Signs and Symptoms of Malaria
- Malaria Laboratory Tests
- Performing an RDT Safely and Correctly
- RDT Quality Assurance
- Treatment and Referral of Malaria
- Management of Clients with Fever and Negative RDT
- Record Keeping and Reporting Malaria Cases
- RDT Supply Chain Management and Storage Guidelines
- Training and Supervision (for Sales Representatives Only)
- Condensed review of course material.