TC109: Technology for Conflict Management and Peacebuilding
Course Topics and Featured Tech
- Mobile phones, digital mapping, social media, and big data for conflict analysis and prevention
- Crowdsourcing & participatory mapping and GIS in conflict analysis
- Issues to consider when deploying technology for peace: ethics and inclusion
- 21st century strategies for data management and information security
- Localizing conflict prevention and peacebuilding efforts through technology
The course is designed for conflict management professionals to assist them in understanding the roles of technology in conflict prevention and peacekeeping. No specific technological skills are required for the course. Participants will be able to:
- critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when working with technology in conflict-affected settings.
- connect relevant conflict analysis, peacekeeping and peacebuilding theories to the technological strategies and tools discussed in the course
- manage specific software platforms and utilize various technological tools in their work, both in headquarters and field settings.
- to design dynamic and effective strategies for using technology platforms and tools to address conflict risk and enhance local peacebuilding capacity
- develop confidence and critical self-awareness in working with technology to address social problems
- This course is delivered entirely online over a period of four weeks.
- This course features several live interactive expert presentations each week with leading practitioners, software developers, academics, and donors.
- Every live event is recorded and archived for you to watch later.
- This course also features a unique hands-on learning environment with animated videos, technology demos, practical activities, networking events, office hours, participant presentations, immersive simulations, and more.
- TechChange recommends budgeting a minimum commitment of 5-7 hours per week and scheduling time for the course around your existing obligations.
- Participants will have access to all course content for at least 4 months after course completion so the material can be completed and revisited later.
- $395 if application and payment is submitted by May 28th, 2017
- $445 if application and payment is submitted by June 25th, 2017
- $495 if application and payment is submitted by course start date
Group discount rates available. For more details, please contact us at social [at] techchange.org. If you are not happy with your course experience for any reason, TechChange is happy to discuss refunds.