COVID-19 Webinar Series
This virtual event series will convene experts in public health, digital health and data analysis to address various aspects of the current COVID-19 Pandemic. It will also provide insights from educators with digital and online training expertise to help you prepare for the new normal.
Events are free and open to the public. Topics will evolve as the pandemic and its response evolves.
Talks will each last 1 hour and each one will address a different topic. Topics include:
- Analysis of current sources of COVID-19 country data
- Digital health opportunities in the era of COVID-19
- Techniques and best practices for convening virtual events
- and more...
Have a topic you want to share? Reach out to email@example.com and let us know.
- Dr. Joel Selanikio (see bio). Dr. Joel will be speaking about data sources and data visualization lies in the era of of COVID-19 response. Tuesday March 24th at 10am ET. Watch link of recorded talk here.
- Erica Troncoso. Erica works as a Technical Advisor at Jhpiego on digital health and frontier solutions. She will be speaking about the role of virtual reality in health care training, case studies, challenges and possibilities in the era of COVID-19. Thursday April 9th at 11am ET. See full description below.
As the world enters a new reality of moving to virtual, health worker capacity building stands as something essential, yet many are still grappling with how to accomplish this in a way that is effective and efficient for those in low-resource settings and of most need. During this webinar, Erica will discuss the potential benefits, drawbacks, and considerations to using virtual reality for health worker capacity building. She will also address and describe current needs during the COVID-19 pandemic for health workers and how virtual reality might be a potential solution especially for urban and connected areas.